problems at log on

gilmorha 14:39 19 Feb 05

the following box appears when i start pc windows cannot find E:\cdsetup.EXE make sure you typed the name correctly, then try again i click ok and another box appears Desktop could not load or run E:\cdsetup.EXE pecified in the registry. make sure the file exists on your computer or remove the reference to it in the registry i click ok and this goes away how do i get rid of these as they appear at every start?

Diodorus Siculus 14:48 19 Feb 05

Look in your startup folder: start, programs, startup.

Anything there?

Worth tryin a reg cleaner, such as regseek - google will find it.

Technotiger 14:48 19 Feb 05

Hi, you have not said which OS you are using.
If XP, I would suggest running DiskCleanup in System Tools - and - try a System Restore.

Cheers.

FelixTCat 15:17 19 Feb 05

I suspect the E: is your CD drive. At some stage you were installing a program from that drive and the installation probably failed. The PC is trying to complete the installation on start up because there is an entry in the registry (an essential part of the running instructions of the PC) which says you reached that point and no further.

Download regclean here: click here

It is a Microsoft utility that will scan the registry and remove redundant entries. It saves them so that if you have any problems you can easily restore them again.

Rn it and reboot to see if your problem has been solved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…