problems loading windows after "f disc"

kobs 20:05 08 Dec 03

I recently f disc my comp i think i did it correctly! i re-installed windows but all of my graphics,sound have gone also because of this i can no longer connect to the internet if any1 can help me get things running again i would be greatfull....thanks

Nellie2 20:10 08 Dec 03

sounds like you are missing a few drivers. Did you get an installation disk with your motherboard? That should have your sound and graphics drivers on it if you are using onboard sound and graphics. If you have seperate cards then you will need to run the driver disks that came with the cards.
Also, if you connect to the internet using a modem then you may need to load the drivers for the modem.
What O/S are you using??

kobs 20:15 08 Dec 03

windows 98 se

Quiller. 20:21 08 Dec 03

As Nellie2 says it looks as if windows has loaded generic drivers. These are usually for the graphics, sound and pci simple communications device ( modem).

Look in device manager and note all the hardware that has yellow exclamation marks next to them. If you do have a motherboard C\D then do load the drivers, as said above. If you are short of some drivers then download aida32 (personal system information) from
click here

This will identify all your hardware and make it easy to download the latest drivers.

Nellie2 20:22 08 Dec 03

If you click on start, control panel, system and then click on the tab that says hardware, there should be a button there that says device manager. Click on that and have a look to see if there are any yellow exclamation marks or question marks

kobs 21:44 08 Dec 03

u sorted it!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…