Problems loading a site with Firefox 30.0

RISC OS user 15:13 02 Jul 14
Answered

I have been having problems loading the "Royal Central" website see click here and now it only loads the home page and nothing else. I have written to the site controller and they have confirmed that the site is running correctly. I have loaded the site successfully in Chrome and sort of correctly in IE 11 but as my IE seems to have a life of its own I cannot be sure why the site does not display correctly there. Might there be anything I can do to make it run correctly in Firefox? My favourite browser is Firefox and I would like not to have to use Chrome unless I really have to, whilst it is faster that Firefox I have not been able to configure in a similar way to Firefox. I am running Windows 8.1, ZoneAlarm, SpywareBuster and Spybot Search & Destroy 2.3.

Woolwell 19:02 02 Jul 14

I've viewed to site in IE11, Chrome and Firefox and it looks the same in all 3. Clear the cache in Firefox?

caccy 20:14 02 Jul 14

Loads ok on my FF30.0. Have all sorts of "spy/blocking" programmes running.

dizmek 20:28 02 Jul 14

Hi, Newbie here. I have accessed Royal Central from FF 30.00 without a problem. Not a site I would visit regularly, as I am a confirmed Republican and distant descendant of Oliver Cromwell, whose grandfather changed the family name in honour of Thomas Cromwell. (Henry VIII's chancellor, I believe.)

Secret-Squirrel 08:40 03 Jul 14

RISC, in Firefox 30.0, on two PCs, the homepage seems intact but the links on the black horizontal navigation bar (Royal Family, State & Ceremony, etc) don't work. Is that the problem you're having?

Woolwell 11:00 03 Jul 14

Secret-Squirrel - I didn't check that and have the same snag in Firefox but not with Chrome. The navigation bar at the top works though.

RISC OS user 19:59 08 Jul 14

Sorry not to have got back sooner, Yes that sums the problem up.

Woolwell 20:02 08 Jul 14

It seems like a site coding error for Firefox.

RISC OS user 22:23 08 Jul 14

I sent a message to the site before I posted the problem on the Forum and they returned with a message stating that they were not aware of a problem.

Woolwell 22:26 08 Jul 14

They haven't tested it in all browsers. They have a problem.

RISC OS user 10:26 09 Jul 14
Answer

I will send the site another message referring to out posts. They might look again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac