Problems loading a site with Firefox 30.0

RISC OS user 15:13 02 Jul 14
Answered

I have been having problems loading the "Royal Central" website see click here and now it only loads the home page and nothing else. I have written to the site controller and they have confirmed that the site is running correctly. I have loaded the site successfully in Chrome and sort of correctly in IE 11 but as my IE seems to have a life of its own I cannot be sure why the site does not display correctly there. Might there be anything I can do to make it run correctly in Firefox? My favourite browser is Firefox and I would like not to have to use Chrome unless I really have to, whilst it is faster that Firefox I have not been able to configure in a similar way to Firefox. I am running Windows 8.1, ZoneAlarm, SpywareBuster and Spybot Search & Destroy 2.3.

Woolwell 19:02 02 Jul 14

I've viewed to site in IE11, Chrome and Firefox and it looks the same in all 3. Clear the cache in Firefox?

caccy 20:14 02 Jul 14

Loads ok on my FF30.0. Have all sorts of "spy/blocking" programmes running.

dizmek 20:28 02 Jul 14

Hi, Newbie here. I have accessed Royal Central from FF 30.00 without a problem. Not a site I would visit regularly, as I am a confirmed Republican and distant descendant of Oliver Cromwell, whose grandfather changed the family name in honour of Thomas Cromwell. (Henry VIII's chancellor, I believe.)

Secret-Squirrel 08:40 03 Jul 14

RISC, in Firefox 30.0, on two PCs, the homepage seems intact but the links on the black horizontal navigation bar (Royal Family, State & Ceremony, etc) don't work. Is that the problem you're having?

Woolwell 11:00 03 Jul 14

Secret-Squirrel - I didn't check that and have the same snag in Firefox but not with Chrome. The navigation bar at the top works though.

RISC OS user 19:59 08 Jul 14

Sorry not to have got back sooner, Yes that sums the problem up.

Woolwell 20:02 08 Jul 14

It seems like a site coding error for Firefox.

RISC OS user 22:23 08 Jul 14

I sent a message to the site before I posted the problem on the Forum and they returned with a message stating that they were not aware of a problem.

Woolwell 22:26 08 Jul 14

They haven't tested it in all browsers. They have a problem.

RISC OS user 10:26 09 Jul 14
Answer

I will send the site another message referring to out posts. They might look again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…