Problems with Linksys WRT300N wireless router.

m1kelys0ns 21:54 29 Dec 07

I got a Linksys WRT300N Draft N wireless router this time last year as it was supposed to be the best out at the time. Ever since I got it I have had nothing but problems connecting to it with a Linksys WMP300N Wireless PCI card. I can get an excellent signal at 300MPS but not all the time. If I was to turn off or restart my PC it doesn't reconnect when it boots back up and I have to 'repair' the network connection. When this is done it shows limited or no connectivity and the internet does not work. I can walk away from it and come back to it an hour later and it is connected perfectly. The router works perfectly fine with wireless B and G it's just not consistant enough with the 'N' connection.

Thanks for your time and would appreciate any help or advice!

STREETWORK 22:17 29 Dec 07

Like alot of others its a windows problem. The connection must use either the card adapter software or windows wireless zero configuration(WZC), not both.

To access WZC click start, run and type services.msc

scroll down to the botom of the displayed page and right click WZC and select stop. Then right click it again and select again but set it to manual. Now when connecting the card will only use its own software rather then windows crappy one...

m1kelys0ns 22:31 29 Dec 07

Thank you for your reply, I have tried using the card software and the windows software. The card software says that the card cannot associate with the access point... I don't understand it, it's so frustrating. I have tried upgrading firmware but it' s actually worse than with factory defaults.

Again, thanks for your time!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…