Problems with links

Mavro 13:04 30 Jul 07

When I click on a link in an email the web page doesn't open and an error message telling me windows has to shutdown the program to protect the computer appears. Windows then sends a message to Microsoft telling them about the error. I run Windows XP. Any ideas? Can I fix the problem??

tullie 13:07 30 Jul 07

Try copy and paste

VoG II 13:19 30 Jul 07

Try click here - it applies to Outlook Express as well.

Mavro 13:27 30 Jul 07

Thanks for the replies....I can copy and paste but I would prefer to be directed directly to the site if possible. It happens with all links that appear in email, I do use Outlook express. I will study the microsoft article and see if I can fix it later today. Many thanks.

Mavro 10:18 31 Jul 07

Good morning.....I use IE. I tried the microsoft article but I'm afraid it doesn't refer to XP and although I was able to work out some of the instructions I was unable to cure the problem.Looks like I'll just have to copy and paste as tullie suggested!

Mavro 15:04 31 Jul 07

Thanks will try it when I get home............

Mavro 12:25 01 Aug 07

Thanks again for the advice, I regret it didn't work........strange things computers!!

MichelleC 12:40 01 Aug 07

If it's IE7 then delete 'add-on's' or disable, then reinstall or re-enable till you find out which one is causing prob.

Mavro 14:13 01 Aug 07

Thanks MichelleC and Marg7 I'll report back...won't be for a day or two though as I'm going away.......

Mavro 12:34 29 Oct 07

Been away, one thing led to another and I gave up trying...sorry I forgot to report back as I promised! Wrong of me especially after all your efforts....apologies. I was never able to find a solution and am having to copy and paste the link address to get it to work. I received a reminder from '1Ssam' about this thread but I'm afraid I can't help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…