Problems learning MS Access

DRiM 19:39 04 Mar 05

I need to learn how to use 'Access', I have tried on and off for months and months and it most of it remains a complete mystery.

Can anybody recommend a good, well written tutorial package?

DRiM

VoG II 19:41 04 Mar 05

Are any of these any good? click here

SANTOS7 19:42 04 Mar 05

open access, click help, click microsoft access help,user info here,good luck........

smudge101 19:45 04 Mar 05

You could try one of the learndirect courses at click here, courses are approx 12 to 15 hrs and range from IT 1 for complete beginners to IT3 for advanced users.

Course costs are reasonable as they are government funded you may not be able to enrol online for the IT1 course as it is workbook and CD based but you can enrol/get more info on 0845 845 5800.

DRiM 20:01 04 Mar 05

VoG comes to the rescue yet again!!!

Many thanks, I am sure one of those is exactly what I want. I will check them out and hopefully find one that suits.

Thanks Smudge, but I don't really want to do a formal course, just a teach-yourself package that can get me going in the right direction.

I have never even seen a working example of Access, but a number of people have indicated that it is what I need for my task.

Lets hope I can master it.

DRiM

skeletal 20:57 04 Mar 05

Sorry DRiM...didn't notice the new thread...I added a new comment on your old one.

Never seen Access working?...you would be stunned at what you can achieve (eventually). One of my favourite tricks is to have forms re-design themselves under program control, depending on how users respond to questions.

Prepare to devote your life to Access!!!

Skeletal

Terry Brown 21:23 04 Mar 05

There is an easier (and cheaper) way.Go to your local Library (or go to your local council site, find libaries, and log on). Search for 'CD Access XP'...This will find a interactive learning guide on CD. For the cost of 60pence, you get a lot of knowledge.
Terry

birdy11 14:12 15 Mar 05

I am studying for the ECDL. I have to add data to a TABLE using a FORM. When I enter data into the FORM, it does not show in the TABLE until I shut down Access and re-open the database.
How can I get it to appear in the TABLE without closing the database?

Thanks for any help with this query.

ade.h 17:14 15 Mar 05

There are also some good reference websites to help you along:

click here

click here

Nosmas 19:27 15 Mar 05

When I had to get to grips with Access I bought 'Access 97 Bible' by Cary N. Prague & Michael Irwin. It's quite a tome and perhaps a bit expensive, but very useful when getting into the nitty gritty of designing tables, queries and forms. etc. The book comes complete with a CD containing sample databases. It has been updated as each new cersion of Access comes out , but I don't know the current title of the book.

Hope this is of some help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…