Problems with the latest updates for Win 7

Shelb724 10:45 AM 10 Jan 13

I downloaded them last night. It took forever! Now I cannot access websites other than Yahoo. Right now I'm on my iPad. I know it is not my Internet. This morning I tried again thinking it had been fixed and it still does not work, What would happen if I uninstall all the updates from yesterday? Or do you think Microsoft is aware and fixing this. Thanks for your help!

Shelb724 10:48 AM 10 Jan 13

Just to give more information, I am getting a security warning from Mcafee and it will not allow me to even go to the web site.

Shelb724 11:17 AM 10 Jan 13

Thank you! I am going to try that!

Shelb724 11:18 AM 10 Jan 13

When you say switch off mcafee does that mean to uninstall it?

Shelb724 12:23 PM 10 Jan 13

Sorry but I don't see that number. I have gone thru all of them. Does it make any difference?

Shelb724 16:01 PM 10 Jan 13

Actually I just deleted macabre and I am ok now. I had to delete the program through the control panel which I didn't do before. I have other protection and I don't even know how I got it in the first place. I might invest in Symantec. Thank you again so much for your help!

Woolwell 16:16 PM 10 Jan 13

You should not run more than one anti-virus at a time and to remove McAfee you should use their removal tool so that there is nothing left to interfere with other programs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Android apps 2015/2016: Best apps for your new phone or tablet - what apps should I download?

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Uniqlo uses your brain waves to find your perfect T-shirt

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…