Problems with latest JAVA update 8.0 build 40?

Joe G 17:39 07 Mar 15

Hi

Just tried downloading this from filehippo as it came up as an update but Chrome as blocked is as potentially damaging! Any known issues with it? I'm on Win 7 64 bit

Cheers

northumbria61 13:26 08 Mar 15

Do you really need JAVA? I am on Win 7 64 bit using Firefox. I don't have JAVA installed and haven't had for a long time.

Take a read of this LINK

gfergie 13:35 08 Mar 15

Hi Can I use the charger for my nexus4 to charge my new Motorola G?

Joe G 22:23 08 Mar 15

Thanks - I had noticed the issues with JAVA vulnerabilities before - wondering if the best option may be to uninstall as you suggest but thought it was needed for several web pages - not sure though - what are others views?

Secret-Squirrel 09:38 09 Mar 15

"....... but thought it was needed for several web pages..."

There are very few websites that use Java nowadays, so with the all its security vulnerabilities, the best security advice is to remove it.

If however you discover that you do need Java (perhaps because one of your programs needs it) then you can disable Java in all web browsers via its icon in Control Panel.

Joe G 00:01 10 Mar 15

Thanks - I have removed it and will see what happens - so far no problems but still have a few programmes to try :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…