Problems with Kaspersky after install Help.......

Bike-it 16:44 19 Oct 08

i have been having problems getting onto some web sites recently so on the advise of a guy at the local computer shop i ran a free scan from Kaspersky and it forund 14 trojan horses so to delete these i tried to downloaded the trial version of Kaspersky internet 2009, but it kept telling me to delete other programmes like AVG and windows defender from my computer. I deleted AVG months ago. so after another failed attempt at downloading it windows will not boot up, only in safe mode. so what is the best action i should take delete Kaspersky and go for say Avast or do i need to be doing something completly different.
Before all this i was using Avira av.

provider 2 16:59 19 Oct 08

Looks as if bits of AVG and maybe Avira are still there. This is a common problem having changed from one AV to another. Try this and then you may have to find the uninstaller for Avira as well:

click here

rawprawn 17:03 19 Oct 08

When you say Delete I assume you meant uninstall, if not you cannot load Kaspersky. Try a registry cleaner such as click here then try and load Kaspersky again.
Kaspersky has no problem with Windows defender, but you cannot load it if you have another AV.

provider 2 17:03 19 Oct 08

Get a good registry cleaner what OS are you running?
If Vista 64bit make sure you get a 64bit versioon

Max Registry a good one works in Vista 32bit & 64bit

click here

Load up reg edit from run from start go to find and type in AVG and delete any keys it finds back up registry 1st and do a system restore point to be safe.

Restart pc after deleting keys and try again

Just turn off windows defender and type in run box msconfig and go to services and untick windows defender, restart pc.

Get a good registry cleaner what OS are you running?
If Vista 64bit make sure you get a 64bit versioon

Max Registry a good one works in Vista 32bit & 64bit

click here

Load up reg edit from run from start go to find and type in AVG and delete any keys it finds back up registry 1st and do a system restore point to be safe.

Restart pc after deleting keys and try again

Just turn off windows defender and type in run box msconfig and go to services and untick windows defender, restart pc.

when is said which OS i ment 32b it or 64bit sorry

Bike-it 18:02 19 Oct 08

I am using xp. i use Ashampoo registry cleaner. Rawprawn i did mean uninstall, the link you give is for claening products, or am i missing something.

rawprawn 18:40 19 Oct 08

CCleaner is the link I gave and you should run it in "Registry" mode. However if you have already run Ashampoo cleaner I doubt it will make any difference.

Any chance that you can use System restore to get back to before you downloaded Kaspersky? and then use provider 2 link to uninstall Avira.

cocteau48 18:57 19 Oct 08

For future reference get yourself Revouninstaller:
click here
It creates a restore point

then

It seeks out the programs own uninstaller and runs it

and then (and most importantly)

It goes back into your registry and clears out anything left behind after the uninstallation.

It's a great piece of kit.

cocteau48 19:03 19 Oct 08

Have you tried the way that AVG recommends which is to reinstall AVG.
Part of the way through the install process it will give you the choice to install or repair or uninstall.
You would of course choose uninstall.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…