problems with isp tiscali

spenco 22:00 25 Jul 07

hi there normally when i boot up my computer and attempt to access the internet im given a prompt asking me if i would like to connect to the internet via my isp tiscali . Recently this box has dissapeared so when trying to connect and go to my home page Google i am getting the message "this page is not available offline " i dont think this is a serious problem but any help regarding where the "would i like to connect" box has gone would be greatly appreciated

Regards
Nick spencer

brundle 22:40 25 Jul 07

Load Internet Explorer, go to the File menu, make sure Work Offline is unticked. How do you connect, via USB modem or a router?

Stuartli 22:43 25 Jul 07

Presuming you are using Internet Explorer, go to Tools>Internet Options>Connection tab and Enable Dial if a Network Connection is not present or, alternatively, Always Dial My Default Connection (try both).

Also check that Google is still set as your Home Page.

If not, select it in your browser while online, return to Internet Options>General tab>Use Current Page>Apply>OK.

Stuartli 22:44 25 Jul 07

I'm also assuming you are using a USB modem...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…