Problems with Internet Explorer, keeps shutting down

bear73 19:13 04 Dec 13

Hi

I was hoping for some advice as having real problems with Internet Explorer. I have a relatively new pc. bought in Sept. Its a HP Pavillion 23 all in one running Windows 8. Its been fine until about a week ago and now IE is playing up so much I can't use it anymore. I've moved to Chrome which seems fine but wanted to try and find out what's up with IE. It opens fine and I can view some pages but as soon as I type in google search it says a problem occurred and needs to close the page. It restarts and then it happens again. It happened on Ebay today and while I was browsing my pictures to choose a photo while in Ebay. It just seems to encounter errors on pages constantly, particularly google search. It's version 11 and says no updates are due. I've run a malware and spyware check and have avast running but nothing detected virus wise.

Thanks

chub_tor 19:22 04 Dec 13

Some suggestions from Microsoft Click Here it sounds as if it could be one of your add-ons especially as it is OK with Chrome.

bear73 19:13 05 Dec 13

Thanks, I'll take a look.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…