Problems with Internet Explorer

Amethyst75 11:53 25 Mar 03

Since upgrading my Internet Explorer (to 6, im using Windows 98) and changing from Freeserve anytime to BT Broadband every time I connect to the internet I get ‘page cannot be displayed’. I contacted BT and they came to the conclusion it was due to IE6 and Win98 not being compatible. They suggested I resort back to a previous version of IE but after doing this it still did not resolve the problem. I changed DNS addresses, pinged my pc (which worked ok) and carried out various other technical procedures. In the end I loaded Opera browser which at least gets me online but I would like to use Internet Explorer! Does anyone know how I can resolve this problem?

Giggle n' Bits 12:21 25 Mar 03

Microsoft Windows Update site (There should be a option from your Start button.

Let the process take place then scan for updates and look for Internet Explorer 6 update may be SP1

Or revert back to the Ie5.5

Ie6 is compatible with Win98/98Se but can be problematic if not correctly installed with the needed Microsoft updates & Patches.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…