Problems with Internet Explorer 7

Enkel 21:38 09 May 07

My default browser is Firefox, which is running fine on my PC. However I have Internet Explorer 7 as well, mainly so that I can get Windows updates (Microsoft Update site doesn't recognise any other browser than IE). But a strange thing has recently started to happen. On loading any web page a window comes up with the message "This page has an unspecified potential security risk. Would you like to continue?" Whether I click on "Yes" or "No" it carries on loading the page. The window comes up anything up to a dozen times or more before the page has finally loaded.

Anyone have any ideas on what might be wrong and (better still) what I might do to stop it?

Thanks.

Technotiger 22:01 09 May 07

Hi, can't offer any explanation for that message, but I would suggest that you un-install IE7 then run CCleaner click here and then re-install IE7.

skidzy 22:31 09 May 07

As a start add the IE tab to your Firefox browser click here this will enable you to run the MS updates.

Also look at Autopatcher click here

Back to your original problem,have you ran your Antispyware/antimalware programs ?

Some advice here click here

Also check in add and remove programs for any unwanted toolbars and remove these.Then run Ccleaner click here

You havnt mentioned your os,im assuming its xp.
If so do you have sp2 installed ?

Sp2 download click here

Install this is a must if not installed.

Enkel 22:33 09 May 07

Thank you, Technotiger. You have lived up to yur name. A quick(?) reinstallation of Internet Explorer seems to have done the trick. I still don't know what caused it, but whatever it was has now gone away. Once again, many thanks.

Enkel

Enkel 22:39 09 May 07

Thank you also, skidzy. I'll try some of your ideas. One problem that occurs to me is that certain pages (especially from Microsoft) display differently in IE from FF, but it all adds to the rich tapestry of computing!

skidzy 22:44 09 May 07

Check your javascript is ticked in Firefox,Tools/Options/Content though Firefox handles certain webpage scripts differently.

Use the IEtab,its a handy little tool for those pages that do not display correctly within Firefox.

Technotiger 22:58 09 May 07

Grreat, thanks for the feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac