Problems installing WinXP Home - PC falls asleep

Giggle n' Bits 22:01 09 May 03

Trying to install a new WinXP on computer that previuosly had WinME on HDD. I FDisked by removing Dos partition the re-created new partition.

I get to format the HDD using the WinXP screen but only in NTFS and not given the option for FAT32.

Long Format completes but when installin files at about 29 mins left to go the computer fall asleep and monitor goes to standby.

Can anyone please help.

Possible M8 "The Village Idiot"

eccomputers 23:22 09 May 03

go into the bios and power options and disable all settings there. When this occurs what stage is the installation at? does it say installing or configuring devices? does the screen flash a couple of times?
If so it may be a video card problem.

Giggle n' Bits 23:40 09 May 03

green light marker on prepairing instalation when it happens with a red ring around but no green mark in the circle for installing windows.

So I think that means its at the preparation stage.

Just disabled power options & also disabled bios virus scan thing.

Just done it again. Going to change the ATI Radeon 7500 card.

Giggle n' Bits 00:00 10 May 03

THANK YOU, Pint & cigar etc !

Tha ATI 64MB Radeon 7500 matched from Crucial site against the A7S333 Motherboard is the Culprit !

Just put in my TI4200 Creative Blaster4 64MB card and Bingo it carried on and getting on with the job.

Many thanks !.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…