Problems installing Windows XP

Mat2 11:35 03 Oct 03

Hi folks

I hope someone can help with a problem i have with the installation of Windows XP home Edition. When i get to to the screen where is says Checking Hardware Configuration nad it changes to start installing XP the computer just freezes, the XP Disk is an original disk. I have tried it with the other original disks i have got but i still get the still problem. The computer spec is: Asrock K7VT4 motherboard, AMD Athlon 2200+ XP, 128Mb DDR (pc2100), 40gb & 20& HDD , Usual CDroms, Sapphire Radeon 7000 64mb Video Card, Sounblaster Audigy Soundcard. I have Just change the motherboard to the above.

Any ideas would be apricaiated

Mat2

AndySD 11:42 03 Oct 03

Go into the Bios and check that the system and RAM are set to 133

Mat2 11:47 03 Oct 03

Hi AndySD

Thanks for your suggestion, i have already check the bios and it does say 133.

mat2

AndySD 12:10 03 Oct 03

Ok then is this a clean install?

Also sometimes setting it to 100 will allow you to install. Then change back. But first make sure all the cards and RAM are securly installed.

Mat2 12:17 03 Oct 03

Hi AndySD

It is A clean installation, i will try your suggestion later, i have got to go out, i'll be back on later with the results.

many thanks

Mat2

Mat2 21:10 03 Oct 03

Hi Folks

The problems seemed to be with a configuration regarding a raid controller card conflicting with the video card, which was confusing xp and locking the computer up.

Many thanks for your help

Mat2

YinHoNg 21:11 20 Jan 05

how did you solve this then?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…