Problems With Installing Windows Updates...

babybell 23:04 30 Jun 08

Since installing SP3 on a windows XP reinstallation.

My PC finally ground to a halt and I was receiving no updates so I reformmated my PC and reinstalled windows. A few updates came through which installed ok but then I was offered the SP3 update which I installed. Since then however, Automatic update is still offering more updates, May and June malicious being an example of two of them, but everything I go to install them, I says the installation failed. Anyone know what the problem could be?

woodchip 23:13 30 Jun 08

You can remove SP3 from Add Remove Programs in Control Panel no need to go to the lengths of shooting the PC just to get rid of it

cocteau48 23:15 30 Jun 08

Try downloading and running Dial-a -Fix
click here

woodchip 23:15 30 Jun 08

If you turn Automatic Updates of and do them manual, you can choose to do a Custom install of updates.

There is two buttons SP3 one and one under it for other updates

babybell 23:23 30 Jun 08

I dont want to get rid of SP£, i'm just saying since I installed SP3, all updates after that have failed. I merely mentioned I reformatted the PC to explain the number of updates I was getting through at once.

babybell 10:00 01 Jul 08

Thanx cocteau48, dial a fix worked a treat

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…