Problems installing updates from AVG virus checker

HAPPYHIBEE 12:45 25 Mar 04

I am on AOL but every time I try to update with my AVG virus programme this is the free edition it tells me An automatic conection to the internet could not be established.Please manualy establish a conection to download your updated files,this can typically be done by launching your
Internet explorer. Could someone tell me what I have to do after I launch the explorer.

Pesala 13:03 25 Mar 04

Downloading updates has been difficult for some time. The load on their servers must be enormous. When we get a large update, like the current one, it is difficult to connect

If you are on dial-up, you need to dial-up before attempting to update AVG. If you launch Internet Explorer, your modem should auto-connect. Then you will be able to update AVG from the AVG interface -- as long as the server is not too busy.

TommyRed 13:13 25 Mar 04

There have been a few problems on this, you can update manually click here look for my posts and follow instructions or you can try this click here I did and now my updates work first time. HTH TR

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…