Problems with installing software MS LifeCam 2.04

Stressed Mum 14:38 30 Sep 08

I have just bought this webcam for the kids! What a pest - the software/setup takes hours. I have been running it for about 3 hours now. Aborted and uninstalled and tried to reinstall - same problem. Uninstalled again and downloaded setup off MS websire - still the same problem. Running XP SP3 (I think it's 3 anyway - not sure how to check) Box 'says' compatible with Vista and XP. Notice from Google that this a very common problem - but just can't find an answer - please can someone help me? Many thanks. SM :)

Stressed Mum 21:53 01 Oct 08

Given up on this - advise? don't buy it! Going back to shop tomorrow. Spend 2 whole days trying to find drivers for the camera without any success or at least without paying out another £30 for device tool software.

Technotiger 22:00 01 Oct 08

Get yourself a Logitech, there are several to choose from.

click here

I use the 9000Pro, my son uses the 4000Pro, a doddle to set up and excellent webcams.

Stressed Mum 14:29 02 Oct 08

!! I have used Logitech for years - sphere the best one - just now taken back the LifeCam. Given the kids my 3 year old sphere and bought myself a new one! Just wasn't really wanting to have to do that - but you get what you pay for. (PCWorld huge discounts if resverve on line to collect)

Technotiger you wouldn't have time to look at my other thread would you?? You've always been so helpful before.. No worries if not. Thanks. SM :)

click here

Technotiger 18:10 02 Oct 08

Hi,

it is just possible that both your drive lasers (especially if there are or have been, ciggy smokers in the area) need cleaning - a DVD/CD cleaning disc does not cost much and can be a life-save!

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…