Problems installing scanner

RCFlyer 17:34 23 Aug 03

I have just bought a Packard Bell Diamond 1200 plus scanner. I understand from previous threads that this is a rebadged Mustek Bearpaw 1200 CU.

I have followed the installation instructions to the letter and although I can get the scanner to function, it is not 100%. There should be a panel application available and scanner settings to alter certain settings.

Following the panel shortcut back to its source the file 'panel.exe' should be in a folder called c:\program files\Packard Bell Diamond 1200Plus\Panel. This file is not there - in fact the whole folder is empty.

I try to open this folder and I receive an 'access is denied' message. It appears that the installation routine is creating the necessary folder, protecting it and then trying to copy the necessary files to it.

I'm running XP home and am the only user of the computer.

Please help.

TIA

BarryKeith 18:57 23 Aug 03

you need to uninstall the scanner as WinXP uses its own driver for scanners. Once you have done that, you must install the driver before connecting the scanner. I used to have detailed info on installing scanners, printers and many other devices, but a hard drive failure put paid to that. You need to make WinXP use the driver you have installed, no doubt someone will be able to tell you the correct procedure.

Gizmo 19:15 23 Aug 03

Make sure ALL anti virus software is turned off, I use Norton and I had a terrible time till I disabled the Norton software, using a cannon scanner, it?s worth a try!

RCFlyer 12:40 24 Aug 03

BarryKeith & Gizmo: Thanks for the advice. I tried last night - no joy. I've taken the scanner back and changed it for a Canon. Installed a treat and is now working pefectly.

Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…