Problems installing RadioTracker 4 - on the DVD

mstower 22:26 03 May 08

Hi,

First time on the forum, thought it might be the best place to start.

I tried to install RadioTracker 4 from the free DVD that came with my magazine and was asked to register online for a code. As I didn't have internet access I clicked cancel.

Tried to re-install now I have internet access and it says another installation is already in process, even though it isn't. Assuming this relates to my earlier attempt? I've deleted what temp files I could find but it still won't work. Tried restarting my pc and still no luck.

Any suggestions?

MCE2K5 22:33 03 May 08

Can you do a system restore to just before installing RadioTracker 4, and try installing again.

brundle 22:33 03 May 08

use Windows Installer Cleanup Utility; click here

mstower 22:42 03 May 08

@ MCE2K5 - System Restore goes back too far, for some reason it didn't create a restore point?

@ brundle - even the installer cleanup gives an error message. Saying: "Error 1500, Another Installation is in progress. You must complete that installation before continuing with this one."

MCE2K5 23:05 03 May 08

Just found this, It Could Apply.

Due to a bug in Microsoft's MSI system, a Radiotracker version update might not work correctly in some rare cases. If this happens, please do the following

1. uninstall Radiotracker

2. delete the user data in

Vista:

- C:\ProgramData\RapidSolution\Radiotracker4
- C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\RapidSolution\Radiotracker4

WinXP:

- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\RapidSolution\Radiotracker4
- C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Local Settings\Application Data\RapidSolution\Radiotracker4

3. reboot your computer

4. install the new version of Radiotracker

brundle 23:06 03 May 08

Try re-install and remove in safe mode?

mstower 13:02 04 May 08

Problem now been solved. Not quite sure how though as I'd already done everything that had been posted before posting. Had to restart to apply a windows update and then the installation worked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos