Problems installing programmes from CDs

Scaw 13:18 19 Nov 05

Is anyone with a desktop with Athlon dual core processors having problems installing programmes from CDs. As some were refusing to install on my Mesh Matrix Vector I restored to factory default and had no trouble installing some programmes before reinstalling Norton Security. Problem has reoccurred and disabled Norton by selective start up but Serif Page Plus 11 and Turbo CAD still will not install. Could uninstall Norton and try again but have heard that other people have had the same problem with dual core processors - any views appreciated

wednesday 13 17:55 19 Nov 05

it could be your norton software. I have the same problem and now I can't install some software that installs fine on other PCs

woodchip 18:12 19 Nov 05

try it this way, copy cd to desktop. restart in safe mode and run setup file from the copy

Scaw 10:00 20 Nov 05

Tried 'woodchip's' idea of copying to desktop and running set up file in safe mode - windows installer will not work in safemode. I have a Toshiba Satellite with Windows XP Professional and Norton Security 2005 - the same as my desktop - the laptop is 1.5 Mhz and 256 mb of ram and Serif Page Plus 11 installed easily and quickly without disabling Norton. Looks like some incompatibility between the programme and the Athlon dual core system.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…