problems installing network card

Randall 18:29 07 Feb 03

I have tried to install a network card on a Packard Bell 9607 (about a year old)
The card is recognised by winXP as PCI device and there is no network card listed on the device manager.
Loading the driver adds a 'network adapter' category to the dev man list but I am unable to get the two things to talk.
Advice from helpcentre is "reinstall drivers"
I've done this and changed the card too and it seems to be a problem with xp recognising the card as a network adapter.

(I swapped a pc line card with this problem for a linksys LNE100TX and got the same problem)

downloading updated drivers doesnt help and the installer looking for drivers on the internet returns not found messages.

Is there something I'm missing?

AndySD 18:47 07 Feb 03

What are you connecting to the NIC also when you install the NIC and go to device manager do you click on the PCI device and update the drivers there?

Moddy 20:18 07 Feb 03

I am familar with getting networking working on NT4 systems, but I have a couple of win98 machines at home with 3 com cards. I have loaded the drivers to both machines and all show up fine in device manager. Also I have installed tcp and they just won't even ping each other. I have changed the 4 port hub for another unit and still no joy. I have installed and re-installed the latest and correct 3com drivers from 3com and still no joy. What do I do now. I have checked the cables and a test on the ports show that these are wired okay. I am sure it's the network driver or configuration of these. Any ideas? Can someone email me direct at [email protected] Thanks
AJ

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…