problems installing NAV

KJE 22:42 22 Dec 05

Today I tried to renew my NAV subscription on XP. Came across problem that old one (NAV 2005) did not uninstall, then had a serious error message and then message saying that icons on my desktop would loose HTML format. Since then I have not been able to open anything apart from IE and Outlook Express and it looks like i cant send or recieve emails. Tried to get to system restore but with no luck.

I am a beginner so a bit clueless, any help appreciated!

KJE

VoG II 22:49 22 Dec 05

Start in Safe Mode click here

C:\windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

to start System Restore.

woodchip 22:57 22 Dec 05

There is security issues with Nav

Totally-braindead 23:03 22 Dec 05

"There is security issues with Nav" Woodchip, now why am I not surprised.

billyliv 00:23 23 Dec 05

Hi, I dumped NAV years ago and have used AVAST ever since with no problems at all. Merry Christmas all. Bill.

KJE 08:38 23 Dec 05

thanks for your responses. I started in safe mode and tried to open file suggested but got message "this file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the folder options control panel" however I cannot open anything in safe mode to try to figure out how to do this... Help!!

Also does anyone know what may have happened to my system and if it is serious i now a few posters referred to security risks which has worried me.

Can anyone recommend other antivirus software if NAV is problematic?

Thank you again!!

woodchip 10:17 23 Dec 05

Yes I use Free Avast on a XP Laptop and on a XP Desktop click here Plus ZoneAlarm is good for Firewall. Do not use the Windows Firewall it about as good as a chocolate bobby

SB23 12:10 23 Dec 05

Agree with woodchip and billyliv,get rid of NAV,I also now use Avast,with Zonealarm (recommended by users of the forum),have had no problems at all.
Binned my copy of Norton Internet Suite after it let something onto my HD,took 3 days to clear the mess it left.
Sb23

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…