problems with installing joystick

mpg1965 19:40 22 Apr 03

the thing is when i try to install a joystick/gamepad in the control panel the system totaly locks up and i have to do a did work a few months back so i guess the m/board is makes no difference if its plugged into the port or not it still locks up.i am running win 98se.i also have a sound blaster audigy 1 platinum and this has a seperate midi port witch i have a midi keyboard plugged into.if i remember rightly i had the joystick plugged in the m/board a while back and all was ok.all is ok in the device manager and all else is working fine.any help would help me lots.thanks in advance.

Tog 21:39 22 Apr 03

In my BIOS, the on-board joystick port is only enabled if the on-board sound is also enabled.

It may be possible to enable the on-board sound in BIOS and then disable it in windows system properties so your plug-in soundcard works and your on-board game port is available.

Worth a try?

mpg1965 22:09 22 Apr 03

yeah thanks ill give it a try as i do remember turning it off.cheers ill let you no.

mpg1965 11:40 24 Apr 03

thanks tog but still no joy.anyonelse got any ideas.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…