problems installing itunes

the old cowshed 18:53 03 Nov 07

Trying to install itunes for Windows 2000. Using Apple Software Update it goes through download and then starts to install. Then it just hangs apparently in middle of install. When shutting down you suddenly get a flash of an end of install type window but then of course it rapidly disappears in the shutdown. My daughter has spent her precious savings on an ipod but is unable to use it. Please could someone help me?

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:04 03 Nov 07

If you have Quick time on your computer you need to delete it completely using add/remove programmes. Download Ccleaner click here run it and delete all it finds and run the registry cleaner and delete all it finds. Download itunes to your desktop or wherever you can find it.

G

the old cowshed 22:18 03 Nov 07

Thank you for your suggestions Gandalf.

We didn't have Quicktime installed, but I removed it from the registry (presumably put there in the partial install) and any mention of Apple. I ran CCleaner and fixed everything. Tried installing Quicktime without using the itunes download/installing thingy, tried the same with Itunes, but all I get is the installing window which then disappears after 30 seconds apparantly having done nothing very much. I'm at my wits end.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac