problems installing an isp

denzle 14:19 21 Dec 03

Hello Forum
I wonder if anyone can help me on a problem i've recently encountered.A friend of mine has recently purchased a second hand pc running win 98se,he tried to install an isp(not broadband) but apparently something went awry,i went to install a new isp but after loading all the necessary software when it gets to the signing up page in internet explorer the first isp's splash screen appears and i cannot get any further.My question is how do i disable the first isp from trying to take over the pc,i can't find anything in add/remove to disable.Any feedback would be most appreciated.Thanx

Indigo 1 14:24 21 Dec 03

Try 'Control Panel' you will see an icon for Modems the ISP address can be disabled there, and a new one added.

denzle 14:33 21 Dec 03

Indigo.
Wow!! what a prompt reply.However the problems appear to be the incomplete installation of the first isp there appears to be nothing on the hdd pertaining to this isp even when i try to "find" all files.I'll go back up his house and check in control panel.Cheers.
p.s. if i can't find anything in c/panel would i have to find it in the registry somewhere?

beeuuem 17:08 21 Dec 03

Have a look in My Computer > Dial Up Connections If there are any icons releting to the 'old' isp connection delete these.
Alternatively complete the installation of the old ISP andd then delete it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…