Problems installing HP5150 on Windows ME

Sir Radfordin 23:37 26 Feb 04

Tried to install HP5150 on a Windows ME computer today. Followed the instructions and put the CD in and let it autorun. After it has installed some bits it tells you to connect the printer. Did that and it says it has found the printer but then it just sat there doing nothing. Left it for 30+ mins and no change. Ctrl+Alt+Del out and uninstalled and tried again but still no success.

In the end only way I could get it to work was to install through the control panel but then I couldn't find an English version of the HP driver on the disc so all the advanced options are in french! Not very helpful.

Can't find anything on the HP site as to what could be wrong and with no error messages am somewhat stumpped?!

Any ideas?

tbh72 23:42 26 Feb 04

Is it worth while down loading the most recent current ME drivers from the HP website. There might be a slight chance that the disk has old drivers or is damaged.

The other option would be to try and install win98se drivers, but this is questionable.

Regards
T

Sir Radfordin 23:45 26 Feb 04

I did think about that but was out at a "clients" and only had the option of dial up - not ideal! Given that the printer is fairly new to the market didn't think it was a good first step.

May have to speak to the lovely people at HP...!

tbh72 00:04 27 Feb 04

The most recent software for this printer is showing as 16th Dec 2003 Version 9.4.2.0 & the download is 28mb, definately not good whilst with a client.

HP offer a very comprehensive website dont they!! Other manufacturers could learn a great deal by looking at how HP do it.

tbh72 14:50 27 Feb 04

Bump, how did you get on?

Sir Radfordin 16:02 27 Feb 04

Found something on the HP site that told you to remove the USB Printer Controler and try again. Did that and all sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…