Problems installing Flash Player

montoya 18:53 11 Nov 07

Hi, I have read and tried a lot of the solutions in other postings on this problem but cannot get it to install. I have used the Flash Player uninstall program but when I try to re-install either nothing happens or it gets as far as starting to download then I get an error message saying the installation failed, have tried uninstalling then rebooting and still no joy when re-installing. I feel it may be the security settings? Would be grateful for any advice.

johnnyrocker 18:58 11 Nov 07

first thoughts may be firewall? have you tried click here to download it?

johnny.

skidzy 18:59 11 Nov 07

Are you installing the correct version for your browser ? click here
note one for IE and one for Firefox

MCE2K5 19:05 11 Nov 07
  montoya 19:40 12 Nov 07

Thanks for the suggestions, have tried them all but still get the same result - Flash Player Installer error message - Installation failed or was cancelled.

Diversion 20:35 12 Nov 07

Try installing directly from Adobe Flash Player and Shockwave Player are free and installs them for you. click here

jjss 21:35 12 Nov 07

I had the very same problem. After much digging around the Adobe site I found the answer. You need to download Flash Player as a 'stand alone' program and install it outside of IE and reboot your system. At this point in time I can't remember the web page to direct you to for the Flash program. It seems that if you try to install the program through IE is when the problem pops up.

jjss 21:40 12 Nov 07

Just did a quick google, the download is about 11mb so I hope your not dial up. click here

brundle 22:05 12 Nov 07

Should be less than 2mb, and 9.047 is the latest official one; click here

Another way to update is close all browsers, go to c:\windows\system32\macromed\flash, locate the Flashutil9x.exe (where x will be the letter b,c or d) and run it. It will download (or not if it's up to date as Flash9d oughtt to be) and install the latest version.

ianeon 22:05 12 Nov 07

montoya - I have EXACTLY the same problem as you.
jjss - I think the download is 1.11mb - I downloaded and installed as a "standalone" programme but I still get the same messages.

ianeon 22:27 12 Nov 07

click here - Read this and this - click here They may help you with the problem.
brundle - what you wrote was very interesting - I have discovered that I don't have Flashutil9x.exe on my computer even though I have Flash where you said it would be on my System 32

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…