problems installing driver

jimmybond 00:46 21 Nov 06

Hi,

I'm having problems installing a driver for a Linksys WUSB54G wireless-G UBS network adaptor. Every time I try to install the driver, I get the following message:

"An installation support file 'C:\DOCUM~1\Username\LOCALS~1\Temp\{5f12AF41-2721-4BD3-857A-EDBEC805E864}\isrt.dll' could not be installed. Access is denied"

any ideas? this is doubly frustrating, as I already have a Netgear WG311 wireless card in my PC, which refuses to recognise my new linksys router, although it worked previously ok with a DG834G router.

So now I have 2 pieces of wireless hardware, one which won't recognise the router, and the other which won't install!?"?! I hate PC's

Strawballs 01:12 21 Nov 06
  jimmybond 08:29 21 Nov 06

thanks - but I already know the general stuff about routers and what they do/what to buy.
I'm after a specific solution to the "installation support file....blah blah blah....could not be installed...access denied' problem.

jimmybond 15:20 21 Nov 06

anyone?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…