Problems Installing BT Broadband! :o(

F1-Girl 09:10 09 Aug 07

I recently ordered BT Broadband with a Vogager 220V Router. I have installed the CD and connected all the cables etc as it asks, however at the final stage, it says it cannot detect a internet connection. My phone line is available as broadband since the 3rd August and I still cannot use the service.

I have tried to install it about 10 times (and I’m not exaggerating!), using both the USB connection, and Ethernet. The lights on the router are on (power light and USB/Ethernet depending on which one I have connected it to). The power light and other light stay on permanently.

I bought a new ADSL lead as the the light for DSL on the router was not lit, so I assumed the lead must be faulty – however it appears I have wasted £7 on a cable I don’t need as it didnt rectify the problem!

I have also tested it with 2 different filters incase one of them was faulty. My computer has Windows 98SE which is apparently compatable so I am now running out of ideas and getting very close to throwing the whole lot out the window!

Has anybody got any ideas?

Thanks, Sarah

robbiepaul79 10:14 09 Aug 07

Contact BT about your problems would be a start, they would be able to advise you of any problems that may not be apparent to us.

BurrWalnut 10:18 09 Aug 07

I suggest you use the Ethetnet cable not USB.

Have you looked at the router's settings by typing 192.168.n.n (look in the manual for the exact settings) into a browser window?

F1-Girl 10:36 09 Aug 07

I will give it a go thanks.

My friend thinks that maybe the router is faulty, as the DSL light has not been lit once since i've had it... personally I have no idea. I just asumed that if the connection is set up and installed correctly, then the light should come on, or even flash intermittently.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…