problems importing igoogle settings to igHome

woodenbubbles 09:49 07 Oct 13

When I follow the instructions to import the settings I get the message "Nothing can be imported from that file at this time" What is the problem?

Woolwell 10:03 07 Oct 13

igHome cannot use all of the iGoogle gadgets (if any!). When I imported my iGoogle settings I noticed no difference to that which I had already set up.

woodenbubbles 10:07 07 Oct 13

Thanks Woolwellbut can I not import my bookmarks, if so how?

Woolwell 10:09 07 Oct 13

Sorry I don't understand about bookmarks. They are not related to iGoogle but to your browser. Which browser are you using?

woodenbubbles 10:10 07 Oct 13

Google Chrome

Woolwell 10:11 07 Oct 13

Disregard my last post - the bookmarks are Google bookmarks. I'll look into it. But suspect that it may be related to Chrome.

Woolwell 10:11 07 Oct 13

Disregard my last post - the bookmarks are Google bookmarks. I'll look into it. But suspect that it may be related to Chrome.

woodenbubbles 10:12 07 Oct 13

I'm using google chrome.

Woolwell 10:20 07 Oct 13

I find that if I click on bookmarks on the igHome bar then it gives me very old bookmarks which seem to date from when I had the Google toolbar installed. I find it a bit worrying that they have appeared as I had no idea they were being recorded. Google bookmarks faq - a bit old.

Woolwell 10:34 07 Oct 13

Do you have a gadget showing your bookmarks in iGoogle?

woodenbubbles 10:35 07 Oct 13

I am totally cofused now as I have just dicovered that google bookmarks are not compatible with google chrome bookmarks. (whatever that means! ) but if you have any further info in the future please let me know. Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…