Problems with IE with a Belkin wireless router

timmybaby 23:07 12 Feb 04

I have an interesting problem.
I have a wireless Belkin adsl router and all was well until this morning when IE would only load half a web page if I was lucky and then just stopped. I tried to reset the router, different cables etc. Now the funny thing is that email works fine as does P2P filesharing (naughty).
The wireless aspect also works luckily, so I could post this on my laptop.

The final thing I tried was to restore the whole PC using a "ghost" image created before I even bought the router. I thought this was foolproof, but no, IE will still not work, but every thing else does.

Please help me..... I am losing what hair I have left......

VoG II 23:12 12 Feb 04

Try a repair of IE click here although I don't hold out much hope - I suspect that this is due to your use of P2P software for illegal purposes. Which one?

This may require a reformat - this may think again before using KaZaa or whatever.

timmybaby 23:20 12 Feb 04

I don't believe this is a problem related to P2P in any way. PS i ommitted the fact I am using XP pro OS.

It may be a coincidence but this problem occured soon after downloading Microsoft new critical update.

How could a format help after doing essentially that with a Ghost restore?

timmybaby 23:52 12 Feb 04

I am trying that sfc/scannow thingy to see if that works, thanks for the suggestion, what is it?

timmybaby 00:32 13 Feb 04

Nope none of that worked any other ideas

MAJ 00:36 13 Feb 04

If you have a firewall running (including XP's own firewall), try disabling it.

timmybaby 00:45 13 Feb 04

nice try, but that was the first thing I tried.....

This is crazy.....

I have never seen this before I'm going to buy a mac

timmybaby 01:16 13 Feb 04

Would you believe it I had already disabled Norton firewall and XP firewall, but MAJ got me thinking and I found that the router has its own firewall, I dont know why but it had started to play up! Disabled that and no problem.

Thanks for all your suggestions

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…