Problems with IE

The Sheep 08:31 02 Feb 04

Hi there. I am having a problem with Explorer on my machine. It simply wont open to allow me to browse the Internet or even to browse files. I managed to download IE6 using a netscape browser but when i try and install it, it says there is newer version of IE already installed and wont let me continue. I cant even get into the control panel (as it is in a browser window) to uninstall the existing IE. Can anyone help? Any ideas at all would be appreciated. Thanks.

Diodorus Siculus 08:36 02 Feb 04

What OS?

Any good in safe-mode?

Can you get your control panel to be expanded via the start menu? Go to properties of the task bar and tick the box to have the control panel expanded. That way you can get to add/remove programs and fix IE as detailed here: click here

The Sheep 08:57 02 Feb 04

it wont let me open the control panel at all. I am running W98se. Any time i try and open anything in a browser window i get the error message. I have not tried in safe mode. Cheers

Diodorus Siculus 09:13 02 Feb 04

Can you get into the control panel with an alternative to Windows Explorer, eg PowerDesk? click here

Diodorus Siculus 10:14 02 Feb 04

Another thought: go to start, run and type

then choose the option to do a scan; you will need your operating system CD.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…