problems with ide/sata hdd configuration

s_steve_17 00:24 04 Feb 07

i have a seagate 80gb ide hdd and a western digital 160gb sata hdd that were working fine until this morning. my os and program files are on the western digital making it the primary boot drive. it was working fine for almost a year then this morning i used my internal multi-card reader to transfer pics from a compact flash card. the system hung-up and i had to restart the computer. when it booted up the system did not recognize the sata drive and tries booting up from the ide drive. since the os is not on that drive there appears a message saying os loading error. then i check the sata raid bios and there is a notice saying "the number of discs is not adequate to create a RAID!!!" i had the card reader replaced and the technician told me to reinstall windows on the ide drive. it boots up great now but the system still does not recognize the sata drive with all the programs on it. please help........

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:49 04 Feb 07

reinstall raid/sata drivers

you will need to make sure the PC is set to boot from the SATA drive. To do this make the first boot device SATA if the option is available. If not you have two options: HD0 - If there are no IDE HDs present, or SCSI if you do plan on running an IDE HD as a secondary device.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…