Problems with graphics cards on laptop

amw92 11:15 19 Dec 14
Answered

I'm currently having trouble with my laptop. Here's a few things that are going wrong:

• cannot sleep or hibernate, buttons are grayed out
  • On device manager, display adapters I have Nvidia GeForce GT 640M, which appears to be installed correctly and also Intel (r) HD Graphics 3000 which has a yellow exclamation mark next to it (I've tried re-installing both of these loads of times using device manager and also Nvidia and Intel's driver updating softwares)
  • I cannot play games currently on my laptop, even online games it says I need a better graphics card.
    • It takes ages to reboot my laptop.

I'm not sure what set this all off, it may have been my laptop crashing during a windows update, after it reset the resolution was set to really low, I just changed it back.

If anyone has had this happen to them, or if they know what might be wrong t will be much appreciated, thank you.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:01 19 Dec 14

type

powercfg -Hibernate ON

in CMD prompt and see what error message comes up.

amw92 20:45 19 Dec 14

Thanks for replying, it says an internal system component has disabled hibernation..

SparkyJack 09:31 20 Dec 14
Answer

Back up off machine your files, then 'factory restore' This should correct any operating system error.

If this does not work,the indication could be a hardware failure,which in a laptop is not likely to be 'repaired'

Warranty or nsurance cover will replace the machine.

Or a note to Santa perhaps:-)

amw92 16:59 20 Dec 14

Okay thanks, I'll have to try that over the next few days, I was hoping the answer would be simpler.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:08 20 Dec 14

Try updating your graphics drivers click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced