PROBLEMS SINCE GOING OVER TO BT

Chrissy R 19:55 22 Jun 08

Have moved to BT as could not get broadband with previous ISP. Dont know if its a coincidence but ever since have had lot of problems with PC. Very slow at starting up and big problem with pop-ups (even though have pop-ups blocked). Norton has not picked up on any problems so downloaded Spyware Doctor which was mentioned on GMTV - did a scan with it today and it found 199 infections which it cleared. PC seemed much better after that. However when I went back on a few hours later, more problems! Did another scan and 136 infections found! Dont know what to do. Help please!

brundle 01:06 23 Jun 08

You're probably finding tracking cookies, not `infections`, read the results carefully. Tracking cookies are not a problem in themselves.

RobCharles1981 11:19 23 Jun 08

BT as far as I'm concerned are the most bad rating on the click here which are ranked 27th in the ratings!!

If you didn't rush into the quickness of choosing a provider you could of found this tool click here to check what you can actually get.

I'm With Falconnet who are a million times better than BT (was an AOL customer) as with the customer support and its service.

Rob

wee eddie 15:54 23 Jun 08

and I have to admit that I needed Customer Support when I was setting up for the first time. I have not needed them since.

I have a funny feeling about Customer Support ~ How do you know it's so good. Have you had to use it that often?

If so ~ What's so good about the product if you keep having to contact Customer Support?

ronalddonald 10:47 30 Jun 08

3 broadband you get a doggle and its faster.

Rayle 12:01 30 Jun 08

Try the BT Forums, loads of help and answers click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant