Problems with gmail Security Certificate

margb 16:43 11 May 07

Hello, For about a week, when I try to log in to my @gmail.com address the screen gives me a warning that the website's security certificate may be out of date or invalid, and inadvisable to continue. I thought it may be to do with my Norton 2007, but I have had N 2007 much longer than this security cert problem, so don't think that will be the reason. Can anyone help me out on this, and whether its OK to go ahead and open my mail even though I am advised not to do this?
I tried to contact gmail months ago on a different issue, but had no response. I should be pleased to have any advise/feedback. Many thanks. margb.

Koochy 16:51 11 May 07

I don't know if this is the same problem i had with security certs. but it turned out to be the date on my P.C. was incorrect, May not be the cure but worth a look.

K.

margb 17:29 11 May 07

Many thanks for your reply. My date also is incorrect so I shall try that. Very grateful margb.

margb 17:36 11 May 07

Thanks Koochy, I have sorted the date out and my Gmail opens as it should. I'm extrememly grateful.

Koochy 17:49 11 May 07

Your welcome.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…