Problems getting PC to recognise Camcorder

Condom 13:20 21 Dec 06

I have a Panasonic NV-GS50 Camcorder and I want to download movies into my PC but I can't get my PC to recognise the camcoder. I use Windows Movie Maker and It worked last time I tried it about 1 year ago.

I use a firewire cable link as recomended by Panasonic. Anyone any ideas what might be wrong?

MichelleC 14:00 21 Dec 06

Reinstall driver for firewire card. Sometimes this works.

Condom 16:26 21 Dec 06

Hi MichelleC
According to booklet with add on card XP Pro will automatically find correct drivers. It says I don't ned to use drivers that came with card. In system the firwire port is showing up correctly. But nothing happens when I plug my camera in. Very strange.

anchor 17:17 21 Dec 06

I know it may sound obvious, but with my camcorder connected to firewire, nothing happens until I switch it on. Then it is immediately recognised.

Condom 17:36 21 Dec 06

Hi Anchor
Sorry it is nothing as simple as that. Thanks anyway.
Gordon

FreeCell 17:49 21 Dec 06

In Control Panel Network Connections look at the 1394 connection and check it is not disabled. With camera switched on try a right-click "repair".

Condom 17:53 21 Dec 06

Hi FreeCell
Tried that everything OK on that front.
Gordon

eedcam 18:37 21 Dec 06

With the pc and camcorder off connect the m with the firewire turn Pc on first then thecamcorder in playback mode windows should bleep and ask what proramme/s you want to open with if it doesn't do that .Check your firewire in devicemamger that it is working ok

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced