Problems getting Online. TCP/IP faulty ?.

ralph-226856 17:14 29 Aug 03

I have recently started having problems connecting to the net. If I double click my desktop E icon I get a "Page Not Found" message. If I try to go into MAILWASHER I get a "No Such Host" message. When I try to go straight into Outlook Express I get a "Host Server Cannot Be Found, Check settings" etc. I have spoken to my ISP(Onetel) and they have done several checks on my settings and a check on my line and they say that all is well. They tell me I should reinstall the TCP/IP feature in Windows which they say contols access to the Internet,but they say they are not allowed to tell me how to do the reinstall. I have spoken to Microsoft and they want £45 before they will even discuss the matter.Can anyone tell me how to reinstall the TCP/IP feature I do have the original Win98SE CD ROM. Please make any answers step by step as I am still on a learning curve with PCs. rimrim

ralph-226856 17:18 29 Aug 03

I should have said in the above posting that once or twice out of every ten attempts I do succeed in getting connected. rimrim

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…