Problems With GeForce4 MX440 With Windows Xp

Mat2 15:10 26 Apr 03

Hi Folks,

Can anybody help me with a problem I seam to be having with my graphics card and Windows XP (home edition). Every so often without no worning Xp throws up a blue screen saying it has found a problem with the following file nv4_disp.dll, also with some error codes with relate to the service pack one with i have installed already, also i have installed the latest drivers from Nvidia but the problem still persists. My computers spec is: Amd Athlon 1800+ xp, Jetway V266b Motherboard, 748 Mb mem, 40 & 20 Gb hard drives, Saoundblaster Audiogy Sound card, and usually cd roms. I would appriciate any help to try and solve this problem.

AndySD 16:28 26 Apr 03

And your power suply unit is 350 W or greater?

jediknight007 16:33 26 Apr 03

Tried installing DIrect X again?

Mat2 16:41 26 Apr 03

Hi AndySd & jediknight007

My power supply is a 500W unit, I will try what you are suggesting. I'll let you know if this corrects the problem. Thanks to you both

AndySD 16:52 26 Apr 03

It may well be worth updating the Motherboard drivers click here the Hyperion.

Mat2 19:12 26 Apr 03

Hi Folks,

I have tried your suggestions with with reinstalling the DirectX and also the new Via drivers, but the problem still persists. Thanks for the suggestions anyway.

jediknight007 19:16 26 Apr 03

Try reinstalling Windows XP again. It could be a missing Windows file. You won't lose anything though so you might as well give it a try. I had a similar problem once and I think it was a Windows XP reinstallation which fixed it.

Mat2 14:03 27 Apr 03

Hi Jediknight007

I tried what you suggested but the problems was still there. I have now changed my graphics card and the problem seams to have stopped the only conclusion which i can come to is that the Geforce card must the faulty.

Also thanks for all your help with suggestions on this matter.

Mat2

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…