Problems galore

sqn08 14:00 02 Jul 08

Upon start up of my Windows Xp, it has started to display a Windows installer window, which is attempting to install an unknown program, this flickers on an off for a few minutes. How can I stop this happening? It seems to be blocked

I also get a error window come up saying Microsot Net framework unhadled exceptions has occured. Object reference not set to an instance of an oblect. This happens a number of times.Before I click ignore. JIT debugging?

I have done a full Spyware SD and AVG scan nothing apperas

I recently downlaoded some fix it programs. One was a malware which tried to provoke a purchase. ANTIVIRUS 2008. It stated I had 41 trojans present, but i could only remove if a one off purchase was made. I was able to remove it from start up and delete folder and exe file. Could there still be something left over.

It also appears to have removed all the files in the installed programs list, from ADD/remove programs. So I cant even start to slowly delete the most present files to see if this stops the whole system falling over.

At the same time my CPU usage keeps toping out and locking up the computer.

Help

Terry Brown 14:34 02 Jul 08

Download the program a2free click here and run the Deep scan (will take a few hours), this will remove any 'nasties' in your system.
Microsoft do an install Cleanup, which if you know the name of the offending program will remove it. Use with caution and removing the wrong file could damage your system.
Terry

Terry Brown 14:35 02 Jul 08

click here

Sorry forgot to add the link (Microsoft cleanup)

birdface 17:20 02 Jul 08

Download and run SuperantiSpyware that gets rid of most things.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…