problems with explorer 6.0

margo29 07:06 09 Feb 03

i have jus insaled explorer 6.0 from a disk that came with pc ad magazin i now keep getting this message Explorer caused an invalid fauilt in modul
at MSHTML.DLL i have used the repaer tools and tha doesnt make any diferens can somone help i use widowes 98

Andsome 08:46 09 Feb 03

Try uninstalling it then download it from Microsoft Windows update. If you installed from a magazine CD it will be a customised version in any case.

Old PC man 10:39 09 Feb 03

Is IE6 compatible with W98??

bvw in bristol 10:43 09 Feb 03

You can install Internet Explorer 6 on a computer that is running Microsoft Windows 98 or later or Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 or later. You can also install Internet Explorer 6 as an upgrade to any existing version of Internet Explorer. For information about how to download and install Internet Explorer 6, please view the following Microsoft Web site:
click here

From click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:51 09 Feb 03

click here There is no problem using the installations from magazines, the only difference being that they may 'brand' your IE bar and in the greater picture of things this is not a problem, unless you are very pernickety.

G

margo29 04:32 10 Feb 03

i have jus insaled explorer 6.0 from a disk that came with pc ad magazin i now keep getting this message Explorer caused an invalid fauilt in modul at MSHTML.DLL i have used the repaer tools and tha doesnt make any diferens can somone help i use widowes 98

Andsome 09:07 10 Feb 03

It's supposed to be compatible, but I must admit that on my old machine I did get problems, and was advised to go back to 5.5. I then had no problems at all. However, having said that, thousands use it with no problems at all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…