steeno 00:37 07 Jan 03
  steeno 00:37 07 Jan 03

I have Microsoft Office 2000 premium installed on my PC, and have had it for some time. The Problem is Excel has started to give me problems. When I try to open the Excel programme a Dialogue Box comes up. "Preparing to Install Excel 2000 premium" "The feature you are trying to use in on a removeable disk that is not available. Insert Microsoft Office 2000 premium disk and click ok. So I put my Microsoft Office 2000 premium CD into the drive and click ok. Box comes up preparing to install Excel. Then after a few seconds another Dialogue Box. "The Path Microsoft Office 2000 premium cannot be found.
Click Ok. Then another Dialogue Box. "Error 1706 No Valid source could be found for the Product Microsoft Office 2000 premium windows installer cannot continue." Then another dialogue box appears. "Windows installer failed to install the programme, Contact your systems administrator."
However when I check my hard disk with windows explorer excel is installed for all to see.
Word, Powerpoint and Access I can open up with no problem, it is just Excel that refuses to play.
Any Suggestions on how to solve this one????
I have tried installing Excel from differeent approaches but it does not want to play.

dez fowler 04:23 07 Jan 03

Put the office CD in and you should be presented with something like Modify Installation, Repair Installation, Uninstall.

Try Repair first and see if that tracks down the problem for you.
If it doesnt then try Modify Installation and remove excel, then restart and install it again.
If that doesn't work then try the last option, Uninstall the whole of office and reinstall it.

Andsome 08:41 07 Jan 03

Had the same problem with Publisher about a year ago, 'REPAIR' worked fine.

hellred 09:23 07 Jan 03

I have the same program and select from add or remove in your controll panel MS Office click uninstal and you will get a choice as dez pointed out. UNINSTALL THE LOT !!! when finished unintalling re-boot. Then put in your CD 1 ( i assume you have CD 2 as well ) follow instructions to instal, but stop when asked what kind of instal choose custom !!! you will see a tree structure showing you all components ( they have little + points between them ) click on the + and select " RUN FROM PC " and repeat this for all the components.Complete the instal.

Now you should have all of office back. Re-boot and activate the office toolbar and you are done!!

Dont ask me why it doesnt always instal correct and some sections were etc. You may have had a corrupted dll or something, rigistry etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…