Problems etablishing wireless network for Sony RA

Ne 20:34 09 Dec 04

I recently bought a Sony Vaio RA204 with wireless media receiver. Although I have set up the PC itself I haven't been able to get the wireless network going. It consists of an "access point" connected to the PC and a "converter" connected to a media receiver which in turn connects to the television - purpose being to view photos on the TV. I think it is something to do with the firewalls. The PC has two firewalls - on windows and on the norton software. After closing both I got the network running. Then I tried to re-establish the norton firewall and configure it to ackowledge the wireless network. However the connection seems to be lost and now even when I switch the firewall off again I can't get the network connection back.

Also, the purpose of having the kit was to view the photos I have in Adobe Photoshop on the TV. The media receiver, when it was working, didn't seem to recognise any files in photoshop at all.

Any help welcomed

Many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…