Problems with DVD drive

Kenneth-266656 11:14 13 Oct 06

Although I have had my present computer for nearly 4 years I have never used the DVD drive before. I have just tried to use it for an educational DVD using Cyberlink i power DVD. It keeps telling me that there is no disc in drive F but my DVD drive is drive G - F is the CD RW drive which is fine. Have I got to enter BIOS to set this or is it something simple? Any ideas please. I have to go out now but will go back on line this afternoon

Diodorus Siculus 11:57 13 Oct 06

Does the DVD drive have the DVD logo on it?

When you put in the disk, does it auto run?

Could be that PowerDVD is looking in the wrong place.

Does the disk show up in "my computer"?

Stuartli 12:15 13 Oct 06

From My Computer>right click>Explore>right click on the F drive involved and use the menu to play the disk.

Totally-braindead 12:15 13 Oct 06

There will be an option in the Power DVD setup to pick the drive to use, all you have to do is change it to your DVD drive rather than your CD writer. Have a look at the options and alter it.

Stuartli 14:09 13 Oct 06

The PowerDVD option for which drive to use is via the bottom right hand button on the control panel.

Kenneth-266656 15:07 13 Oct 06

Thanks to all of you. I have reset the default drive to G but things are unstable - at first PowerDVD set itself back to the F drive even though I did a restart before trying it. Then managed to contact the local firm who built the computer who advised starting up and then putting disc into the drive and wait for it to autostart (this is enabled)- still no joy except that PowerDVD settings then showed the default drive back to F but greyed out so changing back impossible. Did a complete restart and was then able to change it back to G. Chap who built the computer is looking out on Monday so will leave it till then. Anyway many thanks again for responses

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…