//some 3rd party need geo

Problems with Dv camera

heidelberg 15:33 18 Nov 04

I have posted a query about the above before:

click here

I am still having problems though. I have now installed a firewire card, and tried to download using Ulead VideoStudio 8 (and VideoStudio 6), Windows Movie Maker V2 and DV Studio 3. With each of these I get the same problem, namely the first few seconds (perhaps as many as 6 or 7) are captured and that is as far as it goes. The tape is still playing in the camera, but the software hangs.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Dave

john-232317 15:53 18 Nov 04

is your camera listed as the capture device ? if not maybe firewire card is not regognized by your PC.

scotty 16:00 18 Nov 04

The fact that you can capture a few seconds indicates that you have a connection. Loosing the capture after a few seconds indicates the PC is not keeping up with the data transfer rate.

First thing to eliminate - check that DMA is enabled for the drive you are writing to.

What is the specification of your pc? Video capture using firewire needs an absolute minimum of 700MHz processor.

Is the disc you are saving video on the same drive that has your operating system?

heidelberg 16:18 18 Nov 04

dadyassa - the camera is listed as the camera device

scotty - DMA is enabled for the drive I am writing to, and the processor is 700Mhz Pentium III

Hope this helps. Any more info required?

Thanks to you both

Dave

heidelberg 16:20 18 Nov 04

sorry dadyassa - the camera is listed as the capture card.

heidelberg 16:21 18 Nov 04

dadyassa - obviusly not doing too well today!! The camera is listed as the capture device.

scotty 16:31 18 Nov 04

With a 700MHz processor your system is borderline for video capture. You may need to tweak you computer performance to capture video.

click here for tips on tweaking your system. Recommendations depend on your operating system.

Hardware considerations - the more RAM the better (recommend 256MB or more), use a separate fast (7200rpm) harddrive for capturing the video.

Make sure all unnecessary programs have been stopped (e.g. anti-virus)

john-232317 16:32 18 Nov 04

May be silly but "capture time limit ticked " ?

In windows MM, in video capture wizard, bottom left of frame, but no can`t be off in three progs can it ????

john-232317 16:36 18 Nov 04

Like scotty says, read bottom of page on this link.....

click here

stlucia 16:55 18 Nov 04

700Mhz should be okay so long as all other programs are switched off. I download DV without any losses using a 600Mhz Athlon.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…