Problems Downloading Windows Updates

Fuchsia Cottage 16:54 18 Apr 04

I go to Microsoft update site, my computer is scanned for updates, I select my updates the download screen comes up, but the download will not start no matter how long I leve it.
Another strange thing has started, when I try to log on to my online banking I get "A run time error has occured do you with to de bug, Line 230" I have not problems with my second machine, Both running XP & AOL, Any ideas?

Charence 16:58 18 Apr 04

answer to your second question: In Internet Options, on the advanced tab you can choose whether or not to display error messages. Alternatively the MSN/Google Search Bar also blocks the error messages and any other unwanted pop ups.

Charence

Fuchsia Cottage 17:45 18 Apr 04

Thanks "Charence" on line banking now working great!
Just Windows update to sort out now.

chugby 19:05 19 Apr 04

try this link, might helpclick here

temp003 04:23 20 Apr 04

Try going to the individual download pages, instead of using the Windows Update engine. click here and go to the last post for the links to the 5 downloads. Click the link for your operating system on each page to download. Choose save to disk instead of running it.

After downloading all the .exe files, double click the exe files one by one to install. When asked whether to restart, say no (it's OK not to restart yet - these updates allow this to happen). Double click the next exe file. When all 5 have been applied, restart. With 5 updates, "Saving your settings" when XP shuts down may take a bit of time, wait patiently.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…