Problems with downloading a video file to computer

Triprajul 05:27 07 May 10

Greetings:

I am downloading some TV shows for my wife at the present time. Unfortunately, I really don’t understand the process that is going on. I found the episodes at click here. The files listed on this website are available at click here I go there and I begin the process of downloading a particular episode.

When I click the download button, I get a window on my computer that states that I have two choices: Open it with a certain Media Player or SAVE this file. I click for the default which is Open it with a certain Media Player. After downloading the episode, it ends up in a folder named as follows:

C:\Documents and Settings\Jim\Local Settings\Temp

I know that the episode is in a temporary folder on Drive C: However, if I closed all windows I wouldn’t know how to find this folder again (yes, I am an extreme computer newbie).

I get as far as:

C:\Documents and Settings\Jim but after that I am lost. How do I get to “LocalSettings\Temp”?

If I can find the file again, I don’t know what to do with it after that. I do know enough to run a virus scan on the downloaded file before I open it but should I do after this?

I know that I can I handle this in a better way? Should I keep these files in this “temp” file or I should I move them to an existing folder or one I create for this purpose? Basically, I don’t want to reinvent the wheel. Just please tell me what works for you and especially tell me how I can find this folder on my computer again. Finally, my system is Windows XP (SP2). Any help given is greatly appreciated.

northumbria61 06:56 07 May 10

C:\Documents and Settings\Jim but after that I am lost. How do I get to “LocalSettings\Temp”?

Your Local Settings\Temp folder is hidden at the moment. Do the following:-

Start - My Computer - Tools Tab - Folder Options - View Tab - "Hidden Files & Folders" - change to "Show Hidden Files & Folders" - click OK

You should now be able to go to C:\Documents and Settings\Jim\Local Settings\Temp

If you want to SAVE the downloaded file you should move it to a Folder where you can find it again. Usually in My Documents folder you would have folders like "My Music - My Pictures - My Videos" Save it to "My Videos" or Create a Special Folder and name it "TV Show Downloads" or similar.

If you haven't already got it may I suggest you download "Download Accelerator Plus" (DAP for short) which will significantly increase your download speed and it is FREE. Then when you download via DAP you will get the option to "Open Folder" (See Screenshot from LINK I am giving you"
and do a Anti Virus Scan with your own anti-virus software BEFORE opening it.

click here

Don't click on the "Run a free scan for PC Errors" - just click on the Download Now button.

Hope this helps you.

northumbria61 07:01 07 May 10

Triprajul

Download DAP from this LINK which is a safer site.
You will be able to update to a later version once installed.

click here

Triprajul 08:16 07 May 10

Greetings:

Northumbria61, thank you for your great advice I will act on all of it I assure. So I should and plan to create in “My Documents” folder a folder called “M*A*S*H” (this folder will only contain shows from this TV series anyway). However, how do I get the video clips presently in the “Temp” folder to this folder called “M*A*S*H” in my “My Documents” folder? Thank you again for the earlier advice and I look forward to reading your next reply.

northumbria61 13:15 07 May 10

"how do I get the video clips presently in the “Temp” folder to this folder called “M*A*S*H” in my “My Documents” folder?

Right click on the video clip in the "Temp" folder and select "Send to - My Documents"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…