//some 3rd party need geo

Problems with downloading stuff & Spyware concerns

mutantcamel 16:18 15 Jan 05

Hi,

I recently got my pc fixed and have had new motherboard etc.. fitted.

I've had to download all my files such as spyware virus scans and firewalls from the internet again.

But everytime I do, when I restart my machine it just crashes! Either the egg timer just freezes and I've had a completely black screen a few times. I've tried control alt delete to end tasks and I keep getting stuff like:

mcvsescn (not responding)
Scanregw (not responding)

I after go into safe mode to delete the files I've just downloaded and then it's ok.

I've also got some programs running which I think might by spyware:

Ptsnoop
Pctvoice
Rundll32

I've tried downloading the free aol spyware protection, and mcafee's virus scans to solve the problem but the above happens.

Do you think it's due to my system being fixed, some hardware and software conflicts?

Can anybody help? If you need technical specs etc please let me know.

mattyc_92 16:24 15 Jan 05

to start off with, have you tried the new microsoft anti-spyware download??? It's about 6.5 megs and it has found approx 20 more adware and spyware even though I use "Ad-Aware SE Professional" (paid version and not the free version).... click here for info and how to download this FREE utility!!!

Have you got a "professional" anti-virus program e.g. Norton Anti-Virus (Pro or standard!!)???

mutantcamel 16:27 15 Jan 05

No I haven't got any type of spyware protection. That's what I'ms saying I've tried to download a couple of the free ones and they cause my computer to crash.

I'll try that one, but I think it'll do the same to my pc

ACOLYTE 16:32 15 Jan 05
  mattyc_92 16:50 15 Jan 05

I meant have you got a "Norton SystemWorks" or "Norton Internet Security" installation disk 'cause it would be bootable so you could scan your system in BOIS and remove any viruses found before you install another Anti-virus program.Spyware dectector

mattyc_92 16:51 15 Jan 05

Are you sure that you have enough links there...lol

ACOLYTE 16:56 15 Jan 05

LOL,im sure there is a lot more spyware stuff but these seem to be the most popular and most used.

mutantcamel 17:01 15 Jan 05

No I haven't got any bootable virus disks unforunately. I've just downloaded that microsoft anti spyware, but I now have to apparently download IE version 6.

I haven't got broadband, all this stuff's going to take me all night to download!

mutantcamel 17:01 15 Jan 05

No I haven't got any bootable virus disks unforunately. I've just downloaded that microsoft anti spyware, but I now have to apparently download IE version 6.

I haven't got broadband, all this stuff's going to take me all night to download!

ACOLYTE 17:05 15 Jan 05

What version of IE have you got now ?,version 6 can be installed off a magazinge cover cd most have them.I dont know if IE6 is a requirement as it should still work without it.

ACOLYTE 17:10 15 Jan 05

click here this might help find any virus if you have any,it wont detect spyware tho.

click here

Run this and save the log file then post it you may need to do it in 2 parts because of the 800 word limit,then some expert on it should advise you,as far as i know ptsnoop is spyware.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…