Problems downloading files from SD Card

Big Big C 16:26 10 May 04

I recently aquired a Packard Bell DSC 220 Digital Camera with a PC for the Kids.
As it only came with 8 MB of memory I bought a 128 MB SD Card to upgrade.
Problem is that I cannot download the pics via the card reader at the front of my PC as it fails to read the files, and if I connect the Camera to the PC via the USB port it also fails to download the files?

Helppppppppppppppp!!

Kids desperate to download their snaps.

PLEASE

woodchip 16:37 10 May 04

I doo have a program that should be able to get your files from the Memory. Post me through the little yellow envelope by my nickname

accord 16:38 10 May 04

have you formatted the card in the camera? (You will loose all pictures on it if you havent done so already)

woodchip 16:38 10 May 04

PS have you put the memory in the right way up

wicked willy 17:09 10 May 04

Hi Big Ben, Did you load the software for the Camera before using the Camera, as most Cameras software are to be loaded first then when the Camera is Empty the Pc will recognise the camera .Then you should get your Pictures from the omputer and also the Reader.

hssutton 17:39 10 May 04

Can you view the images on the camera LCD.
Are your USB ports enabled

Stuartli 17:49 10 May 04

The Lock-Unlock tab on the SD card itself hasn't been wrongly set by any chance?

You should also avoid deleting pictures on the camera whilst connected to your system - if you do you will have to reformat the card in the camera.

In addition, reformatting every so often helps to get rid of miscellaneous tiny files on the card.

If you have XP it will automatically detect the SD card and present it as a Removeable Drive - check for an extra drive letter, say F or G, in My Computer>Explore. My Minolta Dimage E203 provides the drive letter R (presumably for Removeable).

If you have an older version of Windows you will need to install the appropriate driver.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…